Telemarketers suck big time. Here are some proven ways to rid your life of these jokers for good...
2. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems. My arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died . . . "
3. If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located, how long it has been in business, how many people work there, how they got into this line of work if they are married, how many kids they have, etc. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.
4. (This works great if you are male) Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with XYZ Company. " You: Wait for a second and with a real husky voice ask, "What are you wearing?"
5. Cry out in surprise, "Judy? Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where she could know you from.
6. Say "No" over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up.
8. If the company cleans rugs, respond: "Can you get out blood? Can you get out goat blood? How about human blood?"
9. After the Telemarketer gives his or her spiel, ask him or her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you can't just give your credit card number to a complete stranger.
10. If the Telemarketer is selling raffle tickets, tell him or her that you work for the same company, and that employees cannot participate.
11. Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a Telemarketer, set the receiver down, scream, "OH MY GOD!" and then hang up.
13. Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.
14. Tell them it is dinner time, but ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation. For added effect, clanging of cutlery and dishes is recommended.
15. Tell the Telemarketer you are on "home incarceration" and ask if they could bring you some beer.
16. Ask them to fax the information to you, and make up a number.
17. Tell the Telemarketer, "Okay, I'll listen to you. But I should probably tell you, I'm not wearing any clothes."
SemmesBiz.com and GoodNewsSemmes.com are not affiliated with ShopSemmes, ShopInSemmes. The City of Semmes, Bizprint4u.com or any other Semmes area advertising entity. If you have questions or comments about SemmesBiz.com please email us at email@example.com
Disclaimer: The information on the SemmesBiz.COM web site is for personal and/or educational use only and is provided in good faith without any express or implied warranty. There is no guarantee given as to the accuracy of any individual item on the SemmesBiz.COM web site. SemmesBiz.COM and owner(s) disclaim all liabilities of any kind whatsoever arising out of your use of this web site and the information contained in it, and SemmesBiz.COM and owner(s) assume no legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information. All graphics, photos, text, and information published on the SemmesBiz.com site is sole property of SemmesBiz and may not be used or re-created without the expressed written consent of SemmesBiz.com.